Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby C loves color. Nursery almost complete

With only 7 weeks to go, Baby C's room is nearly complete. Still need to pick a rug, but overall I am super happy with the outcome of the room being fun, colorful and modern. There are so many meaningful things in the room that the baby is going to be surrounded by and I just can't wait for him to grow up here.

DwellStudio for Target crib, red Eames elephant from my awesome work friends, curtains and bedding sewn by me and my friend Bari, CB2 mobile, IKEA bookshelf painted by my wonderful husband.

I love the red in the back of the bookshelf that ties the room together and make the items on the
bookshelf stand out even more. Top shelf are Haba toys from Uncle Alvin and Auntie Sara.
2nd shelf are shoes I worked on when I was working in kids footwear. The leather elephant I found in Tokyo while I was there in December. 3rd shelf are toys from when I was young and the blue toolbox I thifted for $4.

Thanks Uncle Alvin and Auntie Sara for the awesome toys.

4 comments:

The Zaportezas said...

how funny...we have the red apple too. it was albert's when he was little. the room looks awesome! cant wait for baby c.

BARI said...

it looks soooo good!!!

Hot_On_A_Dime said...

Ummmm... cutest nursery EVER! I love it! The Eames Elephant fits in so perfect too! :)

the NEO-traditionalist said...

SO cute! Look at you go! And an Eames elephant---I'm in love! xoxo katie