Friday, September 5, 2008

It starts with a few....

So here I am in Florida on the 2008 Callough summer vacation, which included a stop to magical Disney World. I've been a few times before and every time I'm amazed at how well Disney transcends all boundaries: age, race and religion. After a full day of rides and shows, we head to the amphitheater for Fantasma, one of the most popular shows at Disney. We were there about 45 minutes early to get good seats and as we waited for the show to start, I was impressed that there were 2 boys about the age of 12 that were trying to get the whole audience to do the "wave." I thought, no way this is going to work, I would have given up by now; but these boys were persistent. After about 10 minutes, enough people had caught on to what was going on and it was amazing to see the whole crowd (about 1000+ strong) doing the waves caused by 2 young boys sitting in front of us. Made me think. It doesn't take many to make a difference.

No comments: