Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reason #151 I love Oregon

I can't even believe I've lived in Portland for 9 years now. It seemed like yesterday that a college friend of mine packed up a U-Haul and moved out West. There's just so much to see and do here, that it'll take at least another decade to discover. Anyway, J "discovered" this Oregon utopia and we ended up camping there over the 4th of July. Mind you, I don't typically do nature, but J loves it, so I slowly loved it too.

Few things we look for when we camp.
1. no overcrowded camp spot with screaming kids
2. a place where Maya doesn't have to be tied up
3. swimming holes
4. nature
5. peace and quiet

This spot definitely meets all our requirements.

Here are some of our pics from our fun adventures in Oregon. It's our secret camping spot, so I'm not telling you where it is on this blog. Yeah, it took us 9 years to find it.



We call this Backpackers Delight, surprising good. We even filtered our own water from the stream.


One of the many swim holes, the water is amazingly clear.
Our goal was to find all the swim holes and jump into them. I think we succeeded.


Maya loved our camping trip too.

No comments: