Monday, May 17, 2010

Custom Striped artwork for Baby C

T-minus 2 weeks until our due date and the nursery is finally ready. A while ago, I posted about painting stripes on the wall (click here), I decided against that b/c it was going to be a little bit too overwhelming, so I decided to create a large striped mural instead. Here is what I did, which was super easy and really fun.

First I used painters tape to block off some areas to add stripes. This process was pretty random. Next I mixed up some paint colors that I wanted and started painting between the tape.

Next, I pulled off the tape and this is what I got! Like it, but don't love it yet.

I let the paint dry overnight and decided to use the fun masking tape I got in Japan to add some more stripes and colors.

And viola! This is the custom piece that is in the room now hanging next to the Eames Hang-It-All. I like how this side of the room now balances the other side. I also like the fact that the stripes aren't too overwhelming and just add a little more color into the room. See this post for additional nursery pics. Whatcha think??? BTW....this is the pull-out sleeper we ended up getting from West Elm. Got a great deal on it as a floor sample and fits the space perfectly.

2 comments:

JCallough said...

Love it! So talented!

Megan Clark said...

Winnie! That is perfect!!!!
Any luck in the rug hunt?