Friday, August 15, 2008

3 F´s: Family, Friends and Food

One major thing I´ve learned here in Mexico has been the importance of family. Coming from a Chinese family, I´ve been taught that family is always first. After this week, I´ve been reminded that not only is family important, but friends are treated like family too. We have been blessed with amazing Mexican families that have taken us in as their own. I´m touched by the generosity and selflessness of the people we have met. I can´t say that I could prepare a meal for over 20 people at once, but maybe I´m up to the challenge when I get home.

For the last 3 days that we have been doing pisos, a local family cooks for the whole crew and their own family. It´s been a lot of fun to be immersed into the culture through family, friends and food.

Tomorrow I´m heading home...it will be bittersweet.

1 comment:

JCallough said...

Bittersweet?!? We miss you a lot and we are your family:)