Sunday, August 10, 2008

HOLA

Hey everyone. After a very long flight: PDX, Phoenix, Mexico City, Oaxaca, I'm safely in Mexico with all my baggage. Just at an internet cafe and wanted to give you an update. Things are going well. There's 4 of us there-me, Mixie, Lis and this guy name Clay, who is supporting alot of the projects here finacially. We went to 3 different churches today. It was amazing to not understand anything, but still feel God's presence...you know what i mean. We also visited the site where we will be building the pisos. The city is built on garbage, literally!! It's such a weird site seeing the landfill behind all the homes. And talk about sustainability. These people repurpose everything. I saw a mattress springs repurposed into a gate. I haven't gotten sick yet and feel great. I had the BEST mole ever for my first dinner here and had a great chile rellenos for lunch oh and lots of tortillas. It's a little frustrating since i dont speak any spanish. I just hope god is going to use me in another way...just not sure how. Tomorrow we head to juchitan. Sorry so short and the typing is so aweful, the keyboard is weird...gotta run. more later.

2 comments:

JCallough said...

Glad to hear that you are safe and having fun. Don't work too hard while you are down there, and remember, don't drink the water...

Love...

Unknown said...

I have been to church in Mexico before. I definitely get what you mean! So cool to not understand and still understand...