Monday, August 11, 2008

Camera challenge.......

Just wanted to say I left my battery charger at home and my camera is dead!!! Such a Winnie thing to do. Good thing we have more cameras between us. Probably won´t be able to post any pictures until I get home. Good thing since I´ll need to time to really gain some perspective on this whole experience. Today we had to Jichatan, a 4 hr drive south. Benny and his mother (local supporters and the most warm people I have met) are driving us down there to see Kristin from the orphanage. We´re only planning on staying one night and then driving back to Oaxaca with Kristin and 2 girls from the orphanage to help us build the pisos. Benny says that we have enough $ to build 6 pisos this time. For those of you who don´t know, pisos are cement floors. Some of the people who live here have mud floors and the cement floors helps with hygiene, cleanliness and their overall health since they live basically on a landfill. So, that´s $100 per piso to drastically change the way a family lives here. Can´t wait to start some manual labor. Adios for now!!

No comments: