Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on the Mexico...T minus 6 days.

So I leave this Saturday for Oaxaca. YIKES!! That came up quick. Still not sure what to expect, but am keeping a open-mind and heart about the upcoming trip. I told you in my previous post that I would keep you updated on my fundraising and it looks like I'm almost half way there to my goal. It's been an amazing journey so far and I've had some really amazing conversations with many different people and have felt that I've been given the opportunity to share a little bit of my faith, which I normally don't do. It's a great new feeling. I'm also really thankful that my work is matching $10 to every volunteer hour that I contribute, so that's a huge help. Go big corporations! Anyway, thanks for all the support. This has definitely confirmed what I already know about my family and friends: that they are an amazing support system for me. Thank you all!

1 comment:

The Zaportezas said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Let's meet up when you get back.